Monday, January 21, 2013

When you need patience in the full-time search...



*sigh* Received 2 rejection emails/letters in one day...and on a Saturday, no less! On top of the perpetual job search, attempting to be creative in cover letters, and networking, I found this past week was particularly challenging due to various life issues. I thank the Lord for keeping my mind, and stoking the fires of hope in me. I found the following excerpt pertaining to work. It is from a devotional book that is encouraging. (Source: "From Faith to Faith: A Daily Guide to Victory," by Kenneth and Gloria Copeland)

"Patience (or being consistently constant) is the power twin of faith. They work together to see to it that the promises of God are fulfilled in your life.

Say, for example, you need a job. You can go to the Word and see clearly that God promises to provide your needs. You can see He takes pleasure in the prosperity of His servants. Once you see that, faith takes hold and you shout, "Hallelujah, I've got the job I need."

But what happens to that faith tomorrow morning when you go to three interviews and get turned down all three times? Then what? That's when patience has to take over! That's when you have to make a decision to stay constant, to act as if nothing's changed.

The truth is, if you based your confidence on the Word of God, nothing has changed. It says exactly the same thing it said yesterday.

So, if you'll put patience to work, you know what you're going to say after those three unsuccessful job interviews? You're going to say, "Hallelujah, I've got the job I need!" just like you did before.

You see, faith opens the door to God's promise for you; and patience keeps it open until that promise is fulfilled.

Do you have your faith sights set on a promise of God today, a promise you've been waiting on for some time? Don't let the delay discourage you. Put patience to work. The Word guarantees you will receive your reward."   (Scripture reading: Hebrews 6:10-15)

"Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise." Hebrews 10:35-36

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rejection

B ut thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter of mine head. Psalm 3:3 Deflated. Disappointed. I thought the job was m...